« Home | Decadence (89810032) » | Lucie and Max came to Terengganu (89810008) » | Toys 'Я' Us (89830029) » | Kimberley Rew once sang.. I'm Walking on Sunshine ... » | Mother And Child Reunion (000017) » | The book I'm working on (DSC_1893) » | Domesticated Fishing Boat (_DSC1123) » | Domesticated Fishing Boat (_DSC1123) » | Bananarama Along The River (_DSC3974) » | Malay Aristocratic Architecture (DSC_2001) »

A Seasoned Life (DSC_7949)


A Seasoned Life (DSC_7949), originally uploaded by Shutterhack.

A Seasoned Life
by Hazelmarie Elliott
June 16,1951, Columbus, Ohio


I've sang on springtime's sweetest morning,
enjoyed the whispering of summer's breeze,
danced upon a new day's dawning,
frolicked in the twilight's eve.

I've felt the sun upon my shoulders,
laughed, when raindrops touched my brow,
felt the tide of sea surround me,
slept beneath the oakened bough.

I've felt time, and all its passing,
known life's passion, and known its pain,
realized each season's ending,
suffered losses, and relished gain.

I've felt the warmth of kisses glowing,
saw the light of love within,
shared the dreams of youthful yearning,
yearned for my youth, to live again.

I've felt sadness, in shadow's falling,
cried bitter tears as twilight fell,
felt life's joy, and felt life's anguish,
lived days of heaven, lived days of hell.

I've sang on days of autumn's splendor,
fell beneath winter's frosty spell,
remembered now, with heart a'burning,
those seasons past.....I loved them well.

Gears: Nikon D50 and AF-S Zoom-Nikkor ED 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G DX (kit-lens)
Location: Merang Beach, Setiu, Terengganu, Malaysia
Processing: Desaturation, Toning, PSCS2