« Home | Shutters Speeds and Apertures: What do the numbers... » | Voyeurism or window shopping? » | Air Asia » | ISO rating for Film Speed » | Graveyard greens » | The right mental perspective » | Palm trees » | Buah cermai » | Mat Sha's new wheel Proton Neo » | Pot of leaves »

Photographing and zombifying


_DSC4742, originally uploaded by shutterhack.
Taken with a Nikon D50 and AF Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-5.6G lens

All my life I have been a wanderer, I love to get out there and hike and see things. This is where I do most of my thinking. This is my alone time. This is my exercise. I have stood on a beach at sunset and have been in absolute awe at the beauty of the world without the camera. Now I bring it along. I'd still be out there without my camera, exploring nature, or streets, or the dump, but now my aimless wanderings have a bit more of a point.

However with the camera I dwell less in free thoughts, I may wander less to stay in a particularly nice spot, so it's not a hundred percent positive thing. But it gives me goals instead of just mucking about. It gives my wandering an excuse, a little something to bring home besides a clearer mind and a cardiovascular workout.

So I guess I don't even photograph to make photographs, in a way it's more of a game to play when I'm outside of four walls. Let's see what I can fit in the box and take home. Plus it's nice to have a creative outlet and it beats sitting in front of the TV, zombifying. And when I'm stuck at work like I am now I can read interesting things about it online. It gives my mind the sense of learning new things, so it does not stagnate.

Labels: , , ,